Beaumont or Port Arthur, Texas is one of the best destinations for a family vacation. The area offers both residents and visitors a perfect mix of big-city conveniences and small-town charm. With a thriving culture and arts scene, community-oriented learning institutions and so many outdoor recreation opportunities, you find there are always a lot of things to do in this part of the world. Generally, there are many reasons to consider having your vacation in Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas. We asked our local friends at ClassicKia.com: Beaumont and Silsbee Used Cars what their top 5 things to do in the area were.
1. Visit Gator Country
When you travel to Beaumont, TX, Gator Country is one of the best places you should visit. It’s actually a great alligator wildlife park that hosts over 400 alligators and Gary Saurage – owner and conservationist of the park. You will also get the opportunity to see Gator 911’s star of CMT. Every year, over 100 alligators are rescued from unusual and dangerous places, and then released into safer habitats (the park). At the park, you will also find a team that will educate you on various animals, such as crocodiles, gators, snakes or any other animal on-site. This will give the opportunity to touch various animals as well as learn how they were rescued/found, their names and ages. Additionally, kids can swim with young gators, especially during summer seasons.
2. Visit St. Anthony’s Cathedral Basilica
If you like history, St. Anthony’s cathedral basilica is another amazing place you must give a short visit. It’s the first Catholic Church in Beaumont that was built in 1903. This historical Catholic Church was recognized by Pope Benedict XVI by simply proclaiming it a great Minor Basilica. In the entire state of Texas, Beaumont is a place where you will find one of only 4 Minor Basilicas.
3. Enjoy the Show at the Betty Greenberg – Center for Performing Arts
For a great entertainment, there are Beaumont Community Players who have been entertaining audiences for over a century. There is a full calendar schedule for all performances at this place. This allows you to choose the kind of entertainment you’d like to have.
4. Visit Tyrell Park to Sniff the Roses
If you like sniffing the roses, then botanical gardens in the Tyrell Park is the right place for you. These gardens are open and free to the public, and features a number of different plant species. Most of these species are housed in the Warren Loose Conservatory. This particular botanical garden is 10,000sq ft and it’s also where you will find the Bert & Jack Binks Horticultural –Center. This center consists of an amazing collection of artwork.
5. Eat At Willy Burger
At Willy burger, you can have a burger and hand-dipped malted onion rings. It’s one of the popular restaurants that offer the best burgers in Beaumont, Texas. In fact, most people love the delicious diversity of its menu that includes specialties such as jalapeños, Creole mustard and the booty Burger, often topped with some fried boudain.
Concisely, if you want to eat a sandwich you can get it from Jason’s Deli for a picnic. Jason’s deli is one of the best casual delicatessen restaurant chains in this area. Lastly, there also several other places you can visit, such as Edison Museum, McFadin Ward house, Fire Museum and many other things to do as well.
Feeling stressed is a part of life, especially if you are a mother. But it doesn’t have to take over your life! We asked Lori at A Day in Motherhood, who is experienced with raising daughters and parenting, to help us come up with tips for stressed out moms.
The following are stress relieving tips for mothers:
1. Physical Exercise – It is recommended that you get a partner to join you, for example, your spouse, a relative or a friend. This person will serve as your activity partner and someone who watches over you. You can have someone to count on when needed.
2. Dietary Supplements – Always seek advice from your doctor on recommended dietary supplements, particularly during pregnancy. You can find a lot of these supplements in the pharmacy and on the Internet, but remember that not all are safe. Take note on the precautionary label at the sides of the bottles. Get plenty of B-Complex, Vitamin C and folic acid.
3. Herbs – Some herbs are known to have stress-relieving properties. Choose something mild like tea with flavors like apple, chamomile, peppermint and orange, which are just nice and soothing.
4. Schedule You Time – Always make sure to schedule some time for just you. Whether it be going to get your nails done or a relaxing day at the spa or maybe a week long retreat once a year? Quiet time away from the hustle and bustle of life is important. I enjoy grabbing a book and a bottle of wine and sitting on the back patio by myself while the kids are away.
5. Remember Family Time – What can you do to make your schedule less hectic so you can have more quality time for yourself and your family? Or if you can’t make more time for you and your family to spend together, make sure the time you are together is quality time. Put down those phones and iPads. Focus on the activity you are doing together.
6. De-clutter and Organize Your Home – When your environment is messy and disorganized, you tend to feel messy and disorganized internally too, causing you more stress.
Make a choice about the stuff you never use: sell it, throw it away, or give it to someone who’ll make use of it. Once you’ve done that, organize what’s left over and create a place for everything.
7. Communication – is key to relieving stress in your life. Seek out someone you can talk with openly and honestly about your troubles.
Getting things off your chest to a friend will help you sort out problems, see your situation with a new perspective, and possibly get some helpful advice. The clearer your mind is, the more stress you’ll be able to remove from your life.
Have you thought about Colorado when planning for your next vacation? Because there are so many choices of activities and accommodations a Colorado vacation is a popular choice for many. Colorado hotels can offer you first class lodgings which range from the ultimate in luxury to the more budget conscious establishments. If you are seeking a winter break than Colorado offers the opportunity of a superb ski vacation. It boasts the renowned Rocky Mountains and what could be better for a skiing trip? Once, this was the exclusive territory of the wealthy and well-known celebrities. However, today it is visited and enjoyed by everyone. The wonderful scenery, splendid hotels and resorts are there to be enjoyed and appreciated by anyone who feels like experiencing the unique settings.
There is nothing like the absolute luxury of a first class hotel to make your vacation special. You can enjoy being pampered and having your every need provided for. On the other hand, if you are not in the market for a luxury hotel there are plenty of fine and reasonably priced hotels to choose from. You can even find a lot of travel coupons and deals to help you save money on your retreat. Not everyone chooses a winter vacation in Colorado. There are marvelous attractions in summer and endless activities to take part in. Exploring the mountains, hiking, observing nature and wildlife are just some. Fishing, rafting and river activities can entertain families, couples or the individual traveler.
For those who are really tired of their monotonous life and wish for some amazing adventure, Colorado has all in store for you. This is one of the most exciting places for travelers which offers much more than anyone can think of. The place is enriched with natural beauty and dazzling scenic beauty which could easily dilate anyone’s eye. Yes, you’ll be thrilled to witness the splendid National Parks, alluring Zapata Fall and beautiful Sand Dunes of this enthralling location. Why not give yourself a relief from your daily boring life. Travel to Colorado and indulge in the sheer beauty and rich sensuous places of attraction. You’ll certainly love every bit of it.
Couple of Interesting Destinations in Colorado
Colorado Gators Reptiel Park:
The Colorado Gators Reptile is certainly one of unique attractions of Alamosa. With the help of the geothermal valley water, the owners commenced their farm. Rather than throwing away the dead fishes, they bought baby alligators to manage the fish remains in a natural manner. The alligators flourished in a good atmosphere and soon the place became one of the top most tourist attractions of Alamosa. The Gator Farm is accessible to the public and people from all over the world come to witness these giant beasts.
Now the farm is being developed on a bigger scale and also houses exotic animals too. There are a number of abused and illegal reptiles from across the world, offering refuge not just to alligators but snakes, turtles, tortoises and iguanas. The place is perfect for families, kids and couples. Enjoy the scenic natural beauty of the farm enriched with plush greenery amidst birds of different species. Yes, if your mood is to go a little adventurous, then Gator Farm Colorado is your one-stop solution.
Sand Dunes National Park:
And, for those who are looking for yet another dynamic beauty of Colorado, the Great Alamosa Sand Dunes National Park could be your answer. Open 24 x 7, the sand dunes make a perfect gateway vacation. You have a number of events from the month of May to September which includes Junior Ranger Day and Summer Concert Series.
The tallest sand dunes of America spread across miles and miles for the visitors. Covered with shallow, beautiful oasis to splash into, these sand dunes are the real beauty of Colorado.
So, whether it is the Gator Farm or the exotically rich Sand dunes, you will love every inch of Colorado. Make your trip the most mesmerizing one by booking an accommodation online. With 300 alligators around you and gigantic sand dunes cuddling you for miles, you’re bound to feel the thrill and excitement. Take a leap in this amazing adventure and make your trip worth remembering. It is for everyone, families, single travelers and groups. You simply will fall in love with nature again. Come to Colorado, come in the arms of nature.It is wise to plan your vacation well ahead of time. You may then be able to take advantage of some off-season prices and deals. There are plenty of companies that can make your arrangements for your vacation and help you plan everything that you will need. Look out for special packages that offer a great low cost vacation.
The Golden Age of travel blogging is upon us!
Ok, this isn’t exactly true, we’re being purposely pompous here. But still, as people are becoming more and more Internet-literate, they tend to make their holyday decisions based on travel blogs, and that’s where the proper affiliate program plays a crucial role.
The only downside to travel affiliating is that it’s perhaps a bit too competitive. Gaining an edge isn’t all that easy, but hooking up with some of the following hotel & travel affiliate programs may do the trick.
- Marriot – Here’s one smart affiliate solution. Signing up with Marriott means that you’ll be promoting a trusted name that boast of having nearly 4000 hotels in 72 different countries. You can earn money by securing the consumed hotel bookings and/or the purchased travel packages. Hotel stays will get you 4% – 6%, while the packages are worth 3% commission.
- Hotels.com – If you want something wider in range, we suggest you to go for Hotels.com. Every booking counts, and with over 300,000 of them, there’s really no shortage of hotels in their search engine. Commission is 5.5% per consumed book, and the things like Best Price Guarantee and loyalty program (getting a free night after 10 nights booked) are sure to attract the needed attention from the customers.
- Hilton – Another hotel chain that hardly needs any introduction. Nearly a century in existence, Hilton made a name for itself, and now you can turn their reputation to your advantage. Literally thousands of properties and hotel rooms across 12 brands are eligible to minimum of 4% commission.
- Travelocity – So far we’ve listed affiliate programs that are limited to hotel bookings and vacation packages. Travelocity on the other hand is an all-encompassing travel agency that besides hotels, offers product like airline services, car rentals, and cruises. Some of the commissions are fixed, each airline ticket netting $3 for instance.
- Hertz – If you settled on the vehicle rental niche, you really can’t go wrong with Hertz. With the network spreading across 150 countries, Hertz ranks among the largest car rental companies in the world. The potential to share in some of their profit is huge, and each completed sale is commissioned at 3%.
We would like to give special thanks to Anne Fogano for providing this incredible insight and recommendations for our visitors. Anne owns and operates AffiliateManagementSolutions.com – An Outsourced Program Manager, her company manages programs like the ones listed about.
Looking for a fun vacation idea? Have you considered a retreat? Retreats are a great way to meet new people who are interested in the same things as you are. Plus, they are usually held in beautiful, often exotic locations that would be a great vacation experience even without the opportunity to learn, network and enjoy the company of people who are interested in similar things as yourself.
The fact is, there is a retreat for just about every interest. Here are a few retreats that might be right for you.
The Women’s Wisdom Retreat – Women in their 40s and beyond will find this retreat great for finding new ways of looking at themselves as they enter the 2nd half of their life. Whitier you’re looking to reconnect with yourself after a separation or major life change. Many past attendees have found that reengage with nature has helped them gain perspective on their lives.
Add some excitement to your life at the Fire and Ice Iceland Adventure Yoga Trip – This one might not be right everybody but if you’re into yoga and have the budget many people have found that Iceland is an amazing place to explore. If you’re interested in enjoying the Northern Lights for the first time or visiting authentic local villages or just taking in the natural beauty of the island this might be the perfect retreat for you.
Jump start your weight lose at a retreat – Most people might not think of a vacation or a retreat as a great way to lose weight but there are retreats that are specifically designed to help you do so. The great thing about using an experience like this to jump start your weight lose is that you are surrounded by professionals who know how to help you establish new healthy eating and exercise habits.